Saturday, January 3, 2015

Retail Inspiration

MY STORY

     Nothing starts my new year off in the right way then a little retail therapy.  I'm a big after-holiday shopper and I have been on the search for a print for our newly renovated bathroom.  While perusing the aisles of my local Bed Bath & Beyond, not only did I find the perfect bathroom print, I was inspired by their wall decor department.  For both clearance and regular priced items, I was impressed by their collection and quality.  I was inspired by so many items, I had to share.

     But first of all, our beautiful Parisian print for our new bathroom:


Photography/"Negative" printing / pops of color:


Coordinated Canvas:



I loved these sets - 7 pieces of coordinated wall art that you can either use separately or as a grouping.  Great opportunity to play with color and patterns.

Marquee Lights:

There was a huge selection of marquee lights at Bed Bath & Beyond.  Great items and reasonable pricing.  I'm still a big fan of this trend and created a faux marquee sign that sits along with some of my son's childhood artwork.  Might have to add to my collection after seeing these signs.




Dimensional Canvas:




What a great way to showcase found objects and the dimensional bike on the photograph is brilliant.

Local Maps/Vintage:

As a born and raised Long Islander, I was drawn to this print and it has made me go on the hunt for more of this style.


Also thought this has some great ideas for taking existing maps and giving them a vintage vibe.

Wood/Pallet Projects:



The use of color and placement of these items was just gorgeous...I definitely think I'm going back for one of these!

Mixed Media Color/Canvas:


The use of color was so beautiful and inspirational.  As a big music fan, the guitars really struck a "chord" with me!











Shadowbox:


The simplicity of the monochromatic flowers was so pretty and makes me think of wedding gifts.  And the second shadowbox had several different examples with motivational savings on the glass itself, so many ideas come to mind for this one.

Don't forget to support your local big & small retailers ....they need your business and you never know what will inspire you.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Everyday Muse. I appreciate all your comments and feedback!