Saturday, November 2, 2013

Taking The "Book" Out Of "Scrapbook"

MY STORY

     If you are like me, you love to document your friends' and families' lives with photos.  I started doing scrapbooking several years ago when my son was born and now, 19 years later, I have a few too many scrapbooks.  But how to keep your memories, or give out memories as gifts, when you just don't have the time to create scrapbook pages.  Here's how to take the "book" out of "scrapbooking".

YOUR TURN

     At any craft and hobby store, you can find shadowbox frames like this example.

     These come in many shapes and sizes -- some have these compartments while others are a completely flat surface.  What you will need:

  • Papers to fit your theme (this is a great project for paper scraps)
  • Adhesive
  • Small canvas frames to add dimension if desired
  • Photos (color copy if you don't want to use the original)
  • Souvenirs from a trip or the event you are capturing
     Here are three frames I did for my BFFs....commemorating our recent reunion to Chicago.  Each one is slightly different, but using the same theme:





     These make great gifts as you can hang these frames on a wall, lay them flat on a table.  I have even covered them with glass and they can be used as one big coaster on your coffee table.

     Here are some examples or using a plain shadowbox frame - no compartments.  I used patriotic papers and symbols to celebrate my son's graduation from US Marine Corps Boot Camp and gave to his grandmother, etc.




     I wrapped small canvas frames with paper to add some depth to the piece.    These are great examples to get you thinking of how to get the "book" out of "scrapbook" and have memories that you will be proud to create and share.  


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Everyday Muse. I appreciate all your comments and feedback!