Friday, March 7, 2014

Kickstart Your Creative MoJo

MY STORY:

     I truly believe that we are all creative in many different ways.  But sometimes with family, work, laundry, bill paying....it may be hard to find that time for yourself to reboot some of your creative mojo.

     While wandering through Barnes and Noble, I happened upon these books that I wanted to share with you.

YOUR TURN:

   Chronicle Books (www.chroniclebooks.com) +Chronicle Books  has published these addictive paperbacks that you can use to unleash your inner creative diva.  First up is "642 Fashion Things To Draw".


    The book leads you through 642 exercises and prompts you with ideas on what to draw.  Some of my favorites are:

  • A tattoo you would never consider
  • A Lily Pulitzer Sundress
  • The First Lady
     And the one I'm trying first:

  • A Voluminous wedding dress from the 80s (I can just look at my old wedding photos for inspiration on this one!)
     Other books in the drawing series are "642 Things to Draw" and "712 More Things to Draw".
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

     And for all you budding Hemingways, pick up "642 Things To Write About".  Some really great ideas to get you thinking:

  • Your friend calls to say she saw you in the back of a police car yesterday.  What happened?
  • Write the lyrics of a catchy jingle for a plumbing service
  • A conversation you regret never having
   So get these books and start playing.  Have them in your tote while commuting, waiting to get your kids from school or pick one activity each morning while having your coffee.  Trust me, you will have fun!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Everyday Muse. I appreciate all your comments and feedback!