Sunday, November 24, 2013

Inspired By The Season

MY STORY

     There are so many things about the Holidays that I love...the scents, the food, the lights.  I also love going to paper stores and looking through their cards and papers for inspiration for my Holiday giftgiving and crafting.  This week I went to Papyrus (www.papyrus.com) and came back with, not only gifts for my list, but great inspiration.  Their store is beautifully merchandised and is a nice respite for the imagination. #papyrus
     I also receive loads of catalogs this time of year.  In addition to making my list and checking it twice, they also fill me with ideas on trends and projects.  Here is what is inspiring me this week.  Check back to see what I've come up with!

     Loving this imagery for homemade ornaments and decor:


card from #papyrus. Catalogs from #anthropologie and #redenvelope


        I found some old embrodiery hoops from my stitching days and I think this is just the inspiration I needed to get back to my stitchy ways


       
     I seem to be gravitating toward ornaments and animal, metallic and sparkle.  These cards inspire me to create something fun with the beautiful materials I received from #thebuckleboutique at this summer's CHA tradeshow:

Modern ornament  cards from #papyrus
   This adorable card from Papyrus got me thinking about making miniature Christmas scenes.  Or taking some of my Christmas photography and playing around with Picasa and colors.



  Last year's waterless snowglobes were a big hit with my friends....Check back to see what I've come up and get crafting!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Everyday Muse. I appreciate all your comments and feedback!